Monday, October 30, 2023

Bail Conditions

Question;

 In my Bail order, conditions were imposed on me such as: 1. Furnish the current residential address to IO. 2. Do not leave the state without prior permission of court. I have given affidavit stating my residential address and when police approached the same I was not available as I have gone outside but the landlord confirmed that he is residing here. Now police is threatening me to apply for cancellation of Bail. Can police really do the same and what can I do. Please guide.


Answer;

The bail cannot be cancelled for this reason, however it becomes your duty to comply with the bail conditions, if you were summoned to police station for investigation you should very well attend the police stations setting aside all your personal works, if you refuse or neglect then that can be conspired as non compliance of the bail condition, where the police will send a report to the court about this and can seek cancellation of bail.

The bail can cancel in a very specific circumstances more particularly in terms of violation of the condition given in the Bail Order if apparent and or placed by the Prosecution or by the Defacto Complainant or any other Person, so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment