Friday, June 11, 2021

EXAMINATION OF THE RESPONDENT IN AFFIDAVIT FORM UNDER ORDER XVIII RULE 4 OF THE CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE, 1908

 

IN THE SEVENTH COURT OF THELEARNED ADDITIONAL DISTRICT JUDGE AT ALIPORE

Matrimonial Suit No. 7 of 2012

KaustavBhattacharjee

                   ……………petitioner

      VERSUS

Amrita Chakraborti

                 ……………..respondent

 

 

EXAMINATION OF THE RESPONDENT IN AFFITDAVIT FORM

UNDER ORDER XVIII RULE 4 OF THE CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE, 1908

I Amrita Chakraborti, wife of KaustavBhaattacharjee and daughter of Late SantipadaChakraborti, aged about      years,by faith Hindu, by occupation service, permanent resident of GC144 SSECTOR III, Saltlakecity,under P.S. Bidhannagar (South), Kolkata- 700106 do hereby solemnly affirm and state as follows:

1.       That I am the respondent in the aforesaid caseand that I am and have made myself fully acquainted with the facts and circumstances of the case.

This is true to my knowledge.

 

2. The petitioner has no cause of action for suit.

3. The suit is not maintainable in law and/or in facts.

4. The suit is speculative, harassing and malafide  and has been filed by the petitioner only with the intentionof harassing me by putting me under frivolous and unnecessary protected litigation.

5. I state that the allegations of the plaint not specifically admitted herein shall be deemed to have been traversed in seriatim and specifically denied by the Respondent.

6. With reference to the allegations made in paragraph 1 of the plaint I state that those r matters of record and save the except what would appear from such records I deny and dispute each and every allegations that have been made in the said paragraph.

7.  With reference to the allegations made in paragraph 2 of the plaint I state that those r matters of record and save the except what would appear from such records I deny and dispute each and every allegations that have been made in the said paragraph. I state that it had not been divulged to either me and/or my family member that the petitioner’s mother committed suicide as the said fact was divulged to me by the petitioner much after the marriage  as the petitioner told me that his mother had fallen prey to the inhuman torture perpetrated on me by the petitioner’s father and paternal grandmother as a consequence whereof the said mother of the petitioner slipped into a sort of mental disorder and also lived in a separate accommodation alone and used to meet my own needs and due to the depression that had set in, she committed suicide. I stated that the petitioner always blamed his father for his mother’s death and all allegations contrary thereto are denied.

8. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 3 of the plaint I state that those are true and correct.

9.With references to the allegations made in paragraph 4 of the plaint I state that those are true and correct.

10. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 5 of the plaint I state that those are true and correct.

11. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 6 of the plaint I state that those are more or less correct but the petitioner states that it would be untrue to state that I was struggling to get my post graduate degree in the USA has been alleged in the said paragraph or at all. I state that the recession in the world economy had no role to play in the matter of the petitioner getting a job in the USA I deny that the petitioner had ever divulged that he was struggling to get a job in the USA. I state that the petitioner never expressed to me that he was struggling in the USA and on the country had always told me that he was ready for the marriage and therefore the question of me insisting on that marriage cannot and/or does not arise. I state that I started chatting with the petitioner only after it was clear to both of us that each had a desire to marry the other and all allegations contrary thereto are denied.

12.With references to the allegations made in paragraph 7 of the plaint I state that during the brief period of courtship between the petitioner and the respondent, the petitioner had always projected himself as a very lovable and caring character as I fell for him. It is pertinent to mention here that most of the time the petitioner and lused to communicate with each other over the internet through e-chats and e-mail.

13. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 8 of the plaint I state that those are false and have been introduced for the purpose of the suit. I deny that I ever pressurized to get married early on the alleged plea that my mother was getting me to get married sooner as that would allegedly enable me to pursue my PhD degree in the USA as has been falsely alleged in the said paragraph or at all. I deny that I ever told the petitioner that any delay in the solemnization of marriage would disgrace me as I had inform all near and dear ones in Kolkata about the petitioner and therefore question of the petitioner panicking to anything does not and/or cannot arise at all.

14. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 9 of the plaint I state that it is not known to me as to when the petitioner told his father about me and it is also not known to me as to me as to what the petitioner’s father told him after the petitioner intimated him about me and his desires to marry me.

15. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 10and 11 of the plaint I state that it is true that the father of the petitioner came to meet me and my family seeking the respondent’s hands for his son sometime in the month of May 2009 for the first time and several times after that but I deny that my mother ever told the petitioner’s father that his son would marry me even if he had disagreed to the marriage with a proposal of marriage . I deny that my mother ever desired to create any rift between the petitioner and his father as has been falsely alleged or at all. I further deny that there were any such representations made by me and/or my mother implying that the petitioner was more inclined to words me than his own father. I state that no such thing was ever told by the respondent’s mother to the petitioner’s father the question of the father of the petitioner digesting any pain an persuading the petitioner to settle and perform the marriage as has been falsely alleged does not and/or cannot arise.  I deny that there was any arrogance showed by respondent’s mother to disrupt the marriage as both of them would be in Kolkata. I cleny that any act, conduct, manner, the behavior or me and my mother towards the petitioner was even near to make him think that he could be compelled to do anything they wanted as has been falsely alleged or at all.

16. .  With references to the allegations made in paragraph 12 of the plaint I state that I deny that there was any such situation that could instigate the petitioner to flee to Kolkata from USA at my call in the month of June 2009. I deny that I and/or my mother ever demanded anything from the petitioner and therefore the question of the petitioner agreeing to do anything and everything or being compelled to agree to the date date of marriage as settled by me and my mother cannot and/or doesnot arise at all. I state that the petitioner out of his own accord volition came to India from the USA for the purpose of an early marriage and all allegations contrary thereto are denied. I denythat I is stubborn or that I demanded anything from the petitioner and therefore the question ofme being fed and instigated by my mother with such alleged demands cannot and/or does not arise at all. I deny that there was any reason for the petitioner to be in a state ofmental unrest and therefore the question of thew petitioner’s father helping him out in such alleged situation with pacifying words does not and/or cannot arise at all.

17. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 13 of the plaint I state that it is true that the marriage between the parties was solemnized on 04.07.2009 and that the same was duly consummated. I state that it was I who accompanied the petitioner to USA and not the other way round as has been intentionally misrepresented by the petitioner .  It is pertinent to state here that I paid all expenses for my travel to USA I state that it was the petitioner who took me to Texas for my examination and as such the fact of my appearing for such examination was known to the petitioner much before the marriage . I further state that the fact of my observership  at Pennsylvania was also known to the petitioner prior to the marriage . I state that I had started making enquires about the USMLE (UNITED STATES MADICAL LICENSING EXAM) Much prior to the marriage and it from the official  USMLE website that I got the names and addresses of few Indian medical  professionals who had assisted me by giving me suggestions and when I visited Pennsylvania I visited such proffetionals for gratitude .  I state that the never bore the expenses incurred by me towards me travel or lodging at Pennsylvania. I state that I had to arrange my own transportation Philadelphia Airport to Bloomsburg with the help of the aforesaid medical practitioners asd the petitioners did not render any help to me in this respect. I noticed that the petitioners was suspicious about me knowing his senior doctors in USA and cancelled his flight stayed back to see what I did there. I state that I stayed the hospital dormitory for two days and make my own accommodation arrangement with my own money and all allegations contrary thereto are denied . I deny that the petitioner had ever arrange for a free apartment at Pennsylvania as has been alleged or at all. I further states that it is due to the suspicious character of the petitioner that he cancelled his flight tickets in order to find out what I did at Pennsylvania.i further state that the petitioner that to pursue his PhD wanted to go back to Florida and all allegations contrary thereto are denied.

18. .  With references to the allegations made in paragraph 14 of the plaint I reiterate that much prior to the marriage and it from the official USMLE web site that I got the names and addresses of a few Indian medical professionals who had assisted me by giving me suggestions and when I visited Pennsylvania I visited such professionals out of gratitude and all allegations thereto are denied by the respondent. It is denied that the petitioner ever incurred any of the expenses towards the respondent’s studies in the USA or the costs of travel and lodging incurred for the said purpose by the respondent. I deny that there was any cruelty perpetrated on the petitioner and/or his father at the time of the settlement of the marriage or that they were actually physically and wrongfully deceived and cheated by me and/or my mother.

19. .  With references to the allegations made in paragraph 15 of the plaint I deny that there was any mental cruelty perpetrated on the petitioner by me during their stay in the USA and therefore the question of the petitioner contemplating any action to dissolve the marriage or that the same causing his father to perish in Kolkata does not and/or cannot arise.

20. .  With references to the allegations made in paragraph 16 of the plaint I state that it is false to state I went to USA to pursue my carrier and get into a medical post graduate course only as has been falsely alleged by the petitioner. I deny that the petitioner took any care of the petitioner but it is true that he helped me by providing me a cellular phone but it is denied that it was provided by the petitioner to keep constant touch with him. I state that it is wrong to say that a mobile phone is used to contact with other persons including  the one who has provided it can be termed a misuse of the said instrument. I reiterates that the suspicious nature of the petitioner has been exposed by such kind of unheard and shame allegations. I deny that my mother in Kolkata any advice regarding my behavior with the petitioner. I also deny I ever wanted to keep the petitioner with a grasp. I state since my mother never gave me any advice regarding the petitioner and/or their relationship the question f the petitioner having to digest the alleged advice of quitting search for new job omr devoting his entire time and energy behind me to ensure I obtains the post graduate medical degree  in USA as that once I achieve my goal the petitioner would not have to struggle as I would be funding, maintaining him hereby affording the petitioner leisure time to search for a job, does not and/or cannot arise at all. I reiterate since my mother never gave me any advice regarding the petitioner and/or their relationship. I deny that the petitioner was ever asked by me to start molding his temperament to become a henpecked husband or that I ever asked him to bow down to me in default of which the marriage could not be fruitful. I deny I ever complained and lamented to the petitioner over anything as has been falsely alleged or at all. I deny ever blaming the petitioner for the marriage either in India or in the USA. I reiterates that the petitioner always projected himself to be a settled person in the USA and there was no hint of any instability that was given by the petitioner before the marriage.  I deny that I ever wanted to did use the petitioner as my ladder to obtain any medical degree from the USA. I deny that there was any cause for a break up to this marriage other that the facts as has been stated here in below that too at the instance of the petitioner. I state that I was always a calm nature and therefore the question of my calming down and realizing the intrinsic meaning of the institution of marriage does not and/or cannot arise. I deny that the petitioner had ever arranged for any groceries in Pennsylvania. I state that after completing my observeship in Pennsylvania I joined the petitioner in Florida as had been decided prior to the marriage.

21. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 17 of the plaint I state that it is a fact that the petitioner took up a job at Portland and that I found myself another observeship for me in Florida after I returned to Florida. It could be wrong to say that the petitioner had to arrange all the groceries at Florida on his own as the respondent too spent my own money in purchasing not only grocery items but also other items for the household. I state it is false to state that the petitioner ever requested me to take up any observeship job for me in Portland and all allegations contrary thereto are denied and disputed. I deny that I was ever rude to the petitioner or that there was any scope for me to blatantly refuse any request of the funeral of the petitioner in the event of his death in Portland does not and/ or cannot arise3. I state that such allegations have been introduced for the purpose of the instant suit.

22. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 18 of the plaint I state that it is true I had gone to USA on tourist VISA whish permitted me to stay there for a period of six months and as consequences where of I was compelled to come backto Kolkata after a expiry of the said period. I state that my period of stay in the USA during the first six months as has been averred in the said paragraph by the petitioner is false and contradictory. I reiterate that the plan of pursing me post graduate medical degree was designed at the instance of both the petitioner and I prior to the marriage and that it was well within the knowledge of the petitioner that I would pursue such educational I line after I went to USA with the petitioner after marriage. I state that considering such facts it cannot be said I perpetrated any cruekty on the petitioner by residing either at Pennsylvania or at Florida. I deny that I was ever living any male companionshipin Pennsylvania or at any other place at any point of time but the petitioner due to his extreme suspecious mind used to accuse me of having illicit relationship with my coleagues at all times and such false and baseless accusations would take a bitter turn under the influence of alcohol of which the petitioner happened to be a daily consumer and that too in large quantities. I state that the petitioner under the influence of alcohol would falsely accuse me of being into such alleged relationshipni such derogatory manner that  it would hurt the petitioner very much. I deny that I ever told the petitioner I am free to do anything wants and that the petitioner should be accumtomed to see his wife in company of other males and the petitioner is free to adore the company of other females. I deny that I was ever devoid of any sancity and morality as he is expected of a Bengali Hindu Bramhin bride.

23. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 19 of the plaint I deny that my mother created any pressure on the petitioner to return to India in the month of December 2009 for celebrating the wedding as per of hindi rites and customs and therefore the question of the petitioner finding it difficult to cope up with any pressure does not and/or cannot arise. It is as per the will of the petitioner that such ceremony was observed in Kolkata in the month of June 2010when the petitioner returned to Kolkata.

24. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 20 of the plaint I deny that the petitioner was the only one who kept in touch during the period from February 2010to June 2010 and that I and/or my mother called him up only to allegedly to place their ecological demands and pressurized the petitioner to assist me for my establishment as a doctor in USA. I deny that of ever complaining that the father of the petitioner was master minding the acts, conducts, behavior of the petitioner from Kolkata. I state that the character certificate of the petitioner’s father has been depicted in the said paragraph by the petitioner has no bearing with the fact in issue of the  instant case and are irrelevant so far as this case in concern for which I refrain to comment on them at this stage. I  deny that I and/or my mother ever engaged themselves in insulting, ignoring humiliating the father of the petitioner and tried to sever their relationship as has been falsely alleged or at all. It is pertinent to state here that the petitioner expressed his hatred for his father for having ruined the life of his mother and it would be wrong to say that the petitioner could have any soft corner or respect for his father. It is absolutely false to state that the father of the petitioner does not know anything about such proceeding.

26. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 22of the plaint I state that after my return to India in May 2011 I called up my father-in-lawand inform him that I would reside with my mother for a week or so after which I could also go to him and stay at his place and so accordingly after about a week or so after my arrival in India I went my father-in-law’s place and started residing there. It was here that I found my father-in-law also used to consume alcohol in huge quantities and attained a state where he could not even speak to me and after staying there for a few days I found it very awkward staying alone in the house with my father-in-law as a consequence whereof I came back to my mother and thereafter went back to the USA in July 2011. I however denies that I visited the father-in-law only twice and that too for a few minutes as has been falsely alleged or at all. I deny that I ever threatened the petitioner by saying that I could lodge complaints against him with the police in the USA and India or that I threatened to bring the petitioner and his father to the streets if I was not provided financially as has been falsely alleged or at all.

27. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 23 of the plaint I state that I and/or my mother ever represented to the petitioner that there were plenty of suitable grooms for me and that it was a mistake on their part to choose the petitioner. I deny of accusing the petitioner for coming from a middle class family. I state that petitioner did not want to speak to me on and from November 2011 after I came back from the USA and the petitioner and his father behave very badly over the phone with the respondent. I deny that I has ever been involved in any unfaithful and immoral activities.

28 With references to the allegations made in paragraph 24 of the plaint I state that there is not a specific allegation that has been leveled against me in the matter of any of my acts behavior, conduct or manner that is even close to show that I am utterly stubborn, selfish, materialistic, unromantic, and immoral or for that matter even perpetrated any cruelty towards the petitioner. I deny that I ever wanted a person who would be a slave to me and/or my family. I deny that my mother has ever instigated or humiliated the petitioner and his family. I reiterate no specific allegations of such humiliations or cruelty has been averred in the plaint as there had not been any such incident I state that I had indeed called my father-in-law along with the petitioner to convey her respects and pranams to him on the occation of BijoyaDashami and all allegations contrary thereto are denied.

29. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 25 of the plaint I state that it is indeed the decision of the petitioner to breakup the matrimonial ties with the petitioner because he is now in need of a person who can halp him obtain a green card in the USA as had been told by the petitioner to me over the phone on one occasion. I deny that there has been any situation at my intense which would make the relationship unbearable. I reiterate no specific allegations   of cruelty has been averred in the plaint as there had not been any such incident. I deny that I never had any love for the petitioner or that the marriage stands only for the purpose of academic reference or that there is no chance of any reconciliation.

30.  With references to the allegations made in paragraph 26 of the plaint I state that it is true that there is no collusion between the petitioner and me in the matter of presenting this application. I state that the allegations contained in the plaint are baselessand false as no acts ofcruelty have ever been perpetrated on the petitioner by me therefore the question of the petitioner condoning such alleged and imaginary acts does and/or cannot arise at all.

31. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 27 of the plaint I deny that there is any need to sever the marital ties between him and the petitioner by passing a decree of divorce.

32. With references to the allegations made in paragraph 28 of the plaint I state that no cause of action ever arose on the dates and places as has been falsely alleged in the said paragraph or at all.

33. In the facts and circumstances I pray that the instant suit be dismissed with exemplary costs.

 

That the statements made in paragraph 1 to 32 of the foregoing affidavit are true to my knowledge and belief and the rest are my humble submissions before the Learned Court.

 

That the statements made in paragraph 1 and 2 of the foregoing affidavit are true to my knowledge and belief.

 

 

Prepared in my office

 

Advocate                                                                                                               DEPONENT

                                                                                                                                Identified by me

 

Advocate

No comments:

Post a Comment