Sunday, August 9, 2026

EVIDENCE ON AFFIDAVIT BY THE PETITIONER

 

BEFORE THE HON’BLE DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION, KOLKATA UNIT-III

Tramline Building ( 1st Floor )

18, Judges Court Road, Alipore, Kolkata - 700027

 

                                                Consumer Complaint no.CC/654/2021.

 

                                                          In the matter of :

Sri HaripadaBhowmik, Son of Ganga CharanBhowmik, residing at premises being no. 107/H/1, ParuiPacca Road, Kolkata – 700061.                                                   ______Petitioner

-      Versus –

 

1.    M/s. Chakraborty Associates, Sole Proprietorship Firm, having its office at premises no. P-74, State Bank Park, Thakurpukur, Kolkata – 700 063, South 24 Parganas.

 

2.   Sri UtpalChakroborty, Son of Ullas Kumar Chakroborty, residing at premises no. P-74, State Bank Park, Thakurpukur, Kolkata – 700 063, South 24 Parganas

________Respondents

 

EVIDENCE ON AFFIDAVIT BY THE PETITIONER

 

AFFIDAVIT

 

Affidavit of Sri HaripadaBhowmik, Son of Ganga CharanBhowmik, aged about _______years, by faith Hindu, by Occupation ________________, residing at premises being no. 107/H/1, ParuiPacca Road, Kolkata – 700061, District South 24 Parganas.

 

I, the above deponent do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under :-

 

1.   That I am being the petitioner, in the above consumer case, thoroughly conversant with the facts and circumstances of the present case and am competent to swear this affidavit.

2.   That I beg to says that I am an old aged person & Senior Citizen, and presently suffering from the different old aged ailments. Life for me is too short. I am a Victim at the behest of the respondents. I am a Land Owner having absolute title & Ownership in respect of the Land measuring about 2 Cottah 5 Chhitacks 03 Sq. ft. in Plot no. 8 under Mouza – Purbabarisha, J.L. no. 23, R.S. No. 43, R.S. Khatian No. 1118, KhandaKhatian No. 3090, Dag no. 1977, under the jurisdiction Thakurpukur Police Station, previously Behala Police Station, comprising being KMC Premises no. 541, Chandal Para Road, Ward no. 124, having Assessee No. 411240206291.

 

3.   That I beg to says that the Respondent no. 1, M/s. Chakraborty Associates, is a Sole Proprietorship Firm, carrying business of development &constructuin of the Buiding structure, represented by the respondent no. 2, being the Proprietor  SriUtpalChakroborty, Son of Ullas Kumar Chakroborty, who being the Developer allured me to develop and construct the building structure at his own cost and in consideration will provide the Owner’s allocation to me.

 

4.   That I beg to says that M/s. Chakraborty Associates, Sole Proprietorship Firm, having its office at premises no. P-74, State Bank Park, Thakurpukur, Kolkata – 700 063, South 24 Parganas, represented by the Proprietor  Sri UtpalChakroborty, Son of Ullas Kumar Chakroborty, residing at premises no. P-74, State Bank Park, Thakurpukur, Kolkata – 700 063, South 24 Parganas, entered into a Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, with me, in respect of the Land measuring about 2 Cottah 5 Chhitacks 03 Sq. ft. in Plot no. 8 under Mouza – Purbabarisha, J.L. no. 23, R.S. No. 43, R.S. Khatian No. 1118, KhandaKhatian No. 3090, Dag no. 1977, under the jurisdiction Thakurpukur Police Station, previously Behala Police Station, comprising being KMC Premises no. 541, Chandal Para Road, Ward no. 124, having Assessee No. 411240206291, for the development being the construction of the three-storied building thereof at the cost of the respondents and in consideration the respondents will take 67% of the total constructed area as enumerated in the said joint venture agreement.

 

5.   That I beg to says that the said Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, contented the following relevant contents and purports to observe and perform by and between the parties of the said agreement :

 

ARTICLE X TITLE INDEMNITIES – Paragraph number 3 – That Owner hereby also undertakes that the Developer shall be entitled to construct and complete the building within 18 months from the date of sanction of the Plan by Calcutta Municipal Corporation in the said premises described in the schedule hereunder and to transfer, sale lease out or assign the flats in the proposed building in Developer’s allocation to any party or parties except the flats to be allotted to the owner. In case of delay in delivering possession of the Owner’s allocation due to latches of the Developer he shall be liable to pay reasonable penalty to the owner for the period of delay.

 

6.   That I beg to says that further it is contended in the said Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, that in addition to the allocation of 33% of FAR to the Owner. The Developer shall pay to the Owner non-refundable sum of Rs. 1,00,000/- ( Rupees One Lakh ) only in the following manner :-

 

i) Rs. 10,000/- ( Rupees Ten Thousand ) only at the time of execution of the agreement;

ii) Rs. 90,000/- ( Rupees Ninety Thousand ) only at the time of delivering the owner’s allocation.

 

7.   That I beg to says that consequently, upon execution of the said Joint Venture Agreement, the respondents paid only Rs. 10,000/- ( Rupees Ten Thousand ) only and took the physical possession of the schedule property and obtained the sanctioned building plan in the year 2015 from the Calcutta Municipal Corporation. The respondents have completed the building structure by the month of December’ 2017, and thereafter sold their developer’s allocations to the intending purchasers though respondents did not handover the possession of the owners’ allocation to me.

 

8.   That I beg to says that the Respondents breached the terms of the said Agreement and thereby the respondents did not handover the physical possession of the owner’s allocation as enumerated therein. The Respondents did not pay the balance money of non-refundable as described in the said agreement to me.

 

9.   That I beg to says that on several occasion I visited the respondents with request to take my owner’s allocation in terms of the said Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014. The Respondents assured to give though nothing yield at their behest.

 

10.                That I beg to says that all of the described acts, deeds, and commissions, of the respondents established the purports of Unfair Trade Practices, and Deficiency in Services, as meant for in terms of the prescribed provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 2019.

 

11.                That I beg to says that the Considerable period has been elapsed at the respondents’ behest and I am still awaiting to get my Owner’s allocation with the balance of no-refundable amount, so far in terms of the said Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014. In such eventual facts I lost my hope to get any resolution from the respondents. Therefore I resort before the Hon’ble District Commission.

 

12.                That I beg to says that since, Iwas in belief that good sense will prevail on the respondents, therefore prior approaching the competent court of law, I seeks to get the following  :

 

i) Letter of Possession of the owner’s allocation in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014;

ii) Handing Over of the Physical Possession of the  owner’s allocation in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014;

iii) Balance money of non-refundable money as enumerated in the owner’s allocation in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014;

iv) Completion Certificate in respect of the owner’s allocation in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014;

v) Reasonable penalty in delaying delivery of possession of the owner’s allocation by the respondents in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014;

 

13.                That I beg to says that I served my representation through my Learned Advocate Sri Rabindranath Das, Advocate, vide Notice dated 30th day of October’ 2021, upon the respondents through Speed Post. The Respondents are in receipt of such notice though did not act upon and even did not answer the said notice. Therefore in compelling circumstances, resort before this Hon’ble District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.

 

14.                That I beg to says that the Present disputes as referred herein above are the Consumer Disputes and I being the Land Owner is a Consumer and the Respondents being the Developer are the Service Provider as meant for in the Consumer Protection Act 2019.

 

15.                That I beg to says that I am a victim at the behest of the respondents for their deficiency in services and unfair trade practices.

 

16.                That I beg to says that I am entitle to get my Owners allocation with appropriate statutory documents from the respondents as well enumerated in the said Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014.

 

17.                That I beg to says that the respondents shall also pay the compensation due to me for the harassment, troubles, physical inconvenience and mental agony arising directly out of the breach of the services and breach of duty on the part of the respondents / opposite parties. I, assesses such loss and damages at Rs. 6,00,000/- ( Rupees Six lakhs ) only.

 

18.                That I beg to says that the purported activities of the respondents established deficiency in services, which is contrary to the Law.

 

19.                That I beg to says that from all of the statements made above, it is clear that the opposite parties are guilty of deficiency in service as meant in the Consumer Protection Act’ 2019.

 

20.                That I beg to says that the purported acts and deeds of the respondents established as of the Unfair Trade Practices and deficiency in services, as meant in the prescribed provisions of the Consumer Protection Act’ 2019.

 

21.                That I beg to says that the Cause of action for the present proceeding arose as on 2nd day of August’ 2014, while I entered with the respondents in the Joint Venture Agreement, and consequentially on completion of the building structure and due to non-compliance and breach of the said Joint Venture Agreement in delivering the Owner’s allocation to me, and thereafter adverse date and the same is continuing till date, and the respondents / opposite parties are having offices given in the cause title of this application, which is within the jurisdiction of the Hon’ble Commission.

 

22.                That I beg to says that the present application valued at Rs. 50,00,000/- ( Rupees Fifty Lakhs ) only, in consideration of the Owner’s allocation and refundable amount as Rs. 1,00,000/- ( Rupees One Lakh ) only, in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014.

 

23.                That the instant application / Petition, is within the pecuniary jurisdiction of this Hon’ble Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission Kolkata Unit – III, in terms of the prescribed provisions of the Consumer Protection Act’ 2019.

 

24.                That I beg to says that the present consumer complaint is being filed within the period as prescribed under section 69 of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019. 

 

25.                That I am praying to exhibit the following documents, which relied on by me and already enclosed with my petition of Consumer complaint :

 

i)             Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014;

ii)           Sale Deed of the Petitioner;

iii)          KMC Tax Receipt;

iv)          Notice dated 30th day of October’ 2021, with Postal receipt, and Track Report;

 

26.                I therefore prayed for the following relief/s:

 

To appoint the Survey Passed Engineer Commissioner to ascertain the Owner’s allocation being 33% of total constructed area i.e. entire Second Floor of the Constructed three storied building at the premises, in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, in the interest of administration of Justice;

 

To direct the opposite parties / respondents to deliver Physical possession of the Owner’s allocation to the Petitioner in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, in the interest of administration of Justice;

 

To direct the opposite parties / respondents to give Letter of Possession of the owner’s allocation in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, to the Petitioner, in the interest of administration of Justice;

 

To direct the opposite parties / respondents to give Balance money of non-refundable money being Rs. 90,000/- ( Rupees Ninety Thousand ) only, as enumerated in the owner’s allocation in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, to the Petitioner, in the interest of administration of Justice;

 

To direct the opposite parties / respondents to give the Completion Certificate in respect of the owner’s allocation in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, to the Petitioner in the interest of administration of Justice;

 

To direct the opposite parties / respondents to pay Reasonable penalty in delaying delivery of possession of the owner’s allocation by the respondents to the Petitioner, in terms of the Joint Venture Agreement dated 2nd day of August’ 2014, in the interest of administration of Justice;

 

To direct the opposite parties to pay compensation, as for the harassment, troubles, loss of money, physical inconvenience and mental agony, suffered by the petitioner from the purported activities and others by the opposite parties as assessed as Rs. 6,00,000/- ( Rupees Six Lakhs ) only to your petitioner;

 

To grant the cost of the proceedings ;

 

To grant any other relief to the applicant / petitioner as found out by your Lordship, in the facts and circumstances of the Complaint.

 

 

SCHEDULE

{ Owner’s Allocation }

 

All that piece & parcel of 33% of total constructed area i.e. entire Second Floor of the Constructed three storied building at the premises lying and situated at Land measuring about 2 Cottah 5 Chhitacks 03 Sq. ft. in Plot no. 8 under Mouza – Purbabarisha, J.L. no. 23, R.S. No. 43, R.S. Khatian No. 1118, KhandaKhatian No. 3090, Dag no. 1977, under the jurisdiction Thakurpukur Police Station, previously Behala Police Station, comprising being KMC Premises no. 541, Chandal Para Road, Ward no. 124, having Assessee No. 411240206291.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BEFORE THE HON’BLE DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION, KOLKATA UNIT-III

Tramline Building ( 1st Floor )

18, Judges Court Road, Alipore, Kolkata - 700027

 

                                                Consumer Complaint no.        of 2021.

                                                         

In the matter of :-

                                                          Sri HariPadaBhowmik.

                                                                                      ……Petitioner.

-          Versus –

 

M/s. Chakraborty Associates and anr,

………Respondents

 

 

2 : That the facts contained in my accompanying consumer complaint / application, the contents of which have not been repeated herein for the sake of brevity may be read as an integral part of this affidavit and are true and correct to my knowledge.

 

                                                                                      DEPONENT

Verification

I, the above named deponent do hereby solemnly verify that the contents of my above affidavit are true and correct to my knowledge, and no part of it is false and nothing material has been concealed therein.

Verified this ………….the day of …………….2021, at Kolkata.

 

 

 

                                                                   DEPONENT

                                                                   Identified by me,

 

                                                                   Advocate.

Prepared in my Chamber,

 

Advocate.

Dated :……………2021.

Place : Kolkata.

N O T A R Y

 

 

 

 

VAKALATNAMA

BEFORE THE HON’BLE DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION, KOLKATA UNIT-III

Tramline Building ( 1st Floor )

18, Judges Court Road, Alipore, Kolkata - 700027

 

Consumer Complaint no.                    of 2021

Sri HaripadaBhowmik.,                                      ___________Complainant / Petitioner.

-          Versus –

M/s. ChakrabortyAssociates, and another.

____________Respondents / Opposite Parties.

KNOW ALL MEN by these presents that I / We, HaripadaBhowmik, Son of Ganga CharanBhowmik, residing at premises being no. 107/H/1, ParuiPacca Road, Kolkata – 700061,

   do hereby constitute and appoint the under mentioned Advocate, Pleader, Vakils, jointly and each of them severally to be pleader of take such steps and proceedings as may be necessary on my / our behalf and for that purpose to make sign, verify and present all necessary petitions, plaints, written statements and other documents and do nominate and appoint or retain senior counsels, vakil, advocates and other persons, lodge and deposits moneys and documents and other papers in the Ld. Court and the same again withdraw and to take out of Court and to obtain or grant as the case may be effectual receipts and discharge for the same and for all moneys which may be payable to me / us in the premises. To enter into compromise with my / our approval and withdraw, all moneys from the court AND GENERALLY  to act in the premises and proceedings arising there out whether by way of execution, review, appeal, or otherwise or in any manner contested there with as effectually and to all intents and purpose as I / We could act if personally present and such substitution and as pleasure to revoke I / We hereby ratifying and agreeing to confirm whatever may be lawfully done by virtue hereof.

In witness whereof this Vakalatnama has been executed by me / us.

This the …………………day of ………………2021.

 

Shri Ashok Kumar Singh, Advocate, High Court Bar Association Room No. 15, High Court at Calcutta. Mobile number : 9883070666 / 9836829666, E-mail : aksinghadvocate@rediffmail.com Enrolment number : _____________________________

 

ShriBiplab Some, Advocate. Miss SuchitraChakrabortyAdvoicate. ShriPritam Das, Advocate. ShriSanjibBandyopadhyay, Advocate. Shri Rabindranath Das, Advocate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment